- Collecting rent on a regular basis
- Ensuring that rent continues to be paid for the duration of the tenancy
- Visiting the property on a regular basis to ensure that tenants are taking care
- Checking for any general maintenance matters
- Surveillance of contractors and settlement of accounts
- Renewal of tenancies
- Yearly rent increases
- Deal with problem tenants through court actions, and more
- Market your property
- We will advertise your property utilizing the most effective means possible in your community. This will include extensive exposure on Kijiji, postings on our website, local newspapers as appropriate, and a sign at the property if desired.
- Qualify potential tenants
All potential tenants will fill out an application, from which a credit check, rental history, employment verification and personal reference inquiry will be completed.
- Raise Leases/Renewals
Leases will be for a one year term, unless previous arrangements are made. Ninety days before lease is to expire a re-evaluation of market will be done and we will advise on increase permitted by the Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal.
- Rent Collection
Rent is due on the first day of each month. A phone call reminder will be placed on the second day. An eviction notice as per Landlord and Tenant act is given on the third day. If the tenant does not adhere to the notice the eviction process typically takes about 45 days. Costs to evict a tenant will vary depending on the extent of enforcement that is needed.
- Pay your property bills
- Deposit funds direct to your bank account
Funds will be deposited to the owner’s bank account on the 10th day of each month.
- Prepare monthly owner statements
Monthly accounting statements and copies of any bills that pertain to the property will be available online via our Landlord Portal.
- Full Property Inspections
- Regular drive-by inspections will be done bi-weekly. Full property inspections will be done twice a year (Spring and Fall). We will investigate all issues, report the problem to you as well as any cost involved. We will arrange to have the work done and follow up on completion. All work done at the property will be carried out by qualified contractors. When there is major work we will provide three quotes for you to choose from.
- Deal with all tenant issues
The fee will be as follows:
- 10% for gross rents less than $2,000*/month for the portfolio
- 9% for gross rents more than $2,000* and less than $10,000*/ month for the portfolio
- 8% for gross rents more than $10,000*/ month for the portfolio
Units that are vacant within the first 3 months of us taking over the property will be charged 50% of one month ’s rent to rent the property the first time.
For managed properties we do not charge a rental fee after 3 months under management.
Property Rental only:
Fee for Unit Rental Only is one month’s rent plus tax
A.G. Secure Property Management Inc. is committed to providing close, personal supervision of all properties under its care. We feel that it is of utmost importance to maintain trust and accountability on both ends of the landlord scale.
Our client’s wishes and needs come first, carefully tempered with the requirements of the tenancy and governing legislation. Both aspects must be carefully balanced to produce the highest output of the property’s investment dollar.
*Plus applicable taxes.